Roulette, How & Where to Play Online
Roulette has been around since the turn of the 18th century and has always been a popular gambling game to play. Some call it the King Of Casino Games because of its association with Monte Carlo and royalty.
The roulette wheel has pockets numbered from 1 to 36 and they alternate in colour between red and black. There is also one green pocket numbered 0 in traditional roulette while in American roulette, you will find a second green pocket 00.
Roulette Wheel Number Order:
Single Zero wheel:
Double Zero Roulette Wheel:
Two Most Popular Roulette Versions
There are two different forms of Roulette to play at an online casino. The traditional game of online roulette has only the one zero for you to contend with while
American Roulette has two, being zero and double zero.
While the basics of the game remain the same, you pick a number or a section of the wheel and place chips on your number before the ball is spun around the wheel. If you hit then you are paid, if the ball doesn’t land on your number then you obviously lose.
- American Roulette has a 5.26% house edge.
- European Roulette 2.70% house edge.
Types of Roulette Bets
There are two different bet types. They are called inside bets and outside bets.
- Straight Up Bet: When you bet on a particular number being spun.
- Split: When you bet on two numbers that are joined.
- Street: When you bet on three numbers that are joined.
- Corner: When you bet on the corner of 4 numbers.
- Six Line: Is when you place a bet on two adjoining streets.
- 1 to 18: This is nothing more than a High-Low bet. You’re betting on one of the first 18 numbers coming up.
- 19 to 36: This is the High Part of the High-Low bet. You’re betting one of the second 18 numbers coming up.
- Red or Black: You’re betting on the colour of the winning number.
- Odds or Evens: A wager on odd or even number.
- Dozen Bets: These are bets that you place where you are betting on which third of the wheel the ball will land in. First third is 1-12, second is 13-24 or the final third 25-36.
- Column Bets: These are bets placed on which 12 numbers will come up. The ones under 1-2 or 3. Again it is first third, second third and final third with the bets placed at the bottom of the roulette table whereas your Dozen Bets are placed on the side of the table.
Roulette Betting Strategy
There are many different Roulette Strategies that you may wish to research and employ when playing Roulette. Whether you are playing online roulette or playing roulette in a real live casino these strategies can be used.
The only way you can beat a roulette wheel consistently is by playing a real live casino roulette wheel that is off balance and displays a bias to a particular section of the wheel until it is realigned by casino staff.
Otherwise, Roulette is strictly a game of chance where if your lucky numbers are coming up, then you can win a lot of money.
Roulette Betting Strategy
There is more than a few different roulette betting strategy systems that you can explore. The majority of these get rich quick betting strategies revolve around doubling up your betting stakes on outside bets like betting on red or black or odds and evens.
Martingale Betting Strategy
The Martingale Betting Strategy is probably the most famous and well known of these roulette-betting strategies.
The Martingale Betting Strategy is where you just keep doubling up your bets until you finally hit a winning spin and get all your money back.
There are a couple flaws here, the majority of gamblers do not have access to unlimited funds to keep betting, and the roulette wheel casino game has a table limit that stops you from chasing your money.
Certainly, casinos will let high rollers bet more than the table maximum, but neither you nor I are one of those.